NOW ACCEPTING CARD AND MOBILE PAYMENT ONLY
Frequently Asked Questions
Why did you decide to go cashless?
Q: Why did you decide to go cashless?
There were several factors that went into the decision to transition to card and mobile payment only transactions.
- Although MBS has ranked No. 1 in speed of service across all NFL venues two years in a row, eliminating the need to make change allows for quicker transaction times and lower wait times, making the fan experience even better.
- The cashless model allows the stadium to operate more efficiently and effectively, giving our service teams the opportunity to focus more on the guest.
- This model provides MBS more flexibility to lower prices on food items more frequently.
- For a second year, MBS is rated No. 1 overall in safety and security. Cashless models have proven to be a safer model to implement across the retail and hospitality industries.
Is the entire stadium cashless? Even in the team store and hawkers/vendors?
Yes, the entire stadium including all restaurant partners and Molly B’s, merchandise stations, food concession stands and bars inside the gated perimeter will be cashless. The only exception will be third party vendors hosting events inside the building selling merchandise, i.e. concerts. We will continue to have roaming vendors (hawkers) in the stadium and they will all be equipped with card swipers and tablets as we currently do.
Will people still be able to purchase tickets at the box office in cash?
The box office will accept card and mobile payments, but will be able to accept cash if necessary until further notice.
Why are we now being charged tax?
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium opened using a whole-dollar pricing model to ease transaction times and increase speed of service. Tax was not included in pricing initially, so we could keep items at whole dollar pricing.
- As the stadium operation pivots to this new card and mobile payment only transaction model, the whole-dollar pricing model is no longer relevant, and the stadium will now operate as every other venue, restaurant or merchant.
If I come to the stadium with only cash can I still make purchases?
Yes, ten cash-to-card kiosks will be available around the stadium for those who prefer not to use their own cards or who prefer to carry cash. Guests will be able to feed the cash into the machine and obtain a pre-paid debit card with the same amount with no transaction fee. These cards can be utilized as any other pre-paid debit card or credit card within the stadium as well as outside the stadium.
Can you get refunds on the cards if you don’t use all the money?
There are no refunds, but the cards can be used anywhere debit cards are accepted.
Are there set increments that are allowed when getting a card?
There are no set increments that can be loaded, but the minimum is $10, and maximum is $1,000. Balances can be checked at the kiosk and are on the kiosk receipt upon obtaining a card.
What if there is a dispute on the amount?
All disputes with balances and with the cards themselves must be handled by the card issuing company; however, MBS will have staff available to help as needed.
Are digital forms of payment still available?
Absolutely. Digital, contactless payment is currently accepted at all the concession stands/bars.
Ten cash-to-card kiosks will be available around the stadium for those who prefer not to use their own cards or who prefer to carry cash. Guests will be able to feed the cash into the machine and obtain a pre-paid debit card with the same amount with no transaction fee. These cards can be utilized as any other pre-paid debit card or credit card within the stadium as well as outside the stadium.
Continuously Innovating to Provide the Best Experience for Our Fans
Our new card & mobile payment model increases efficiency, allowing for more flexible pricing and enhancing the overall event day experience.