Multi-Grammy Award Winner to Now Play Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Friday, November 9
ATLANTA (Sept. 28, 2018) – Today, Mercedes-Benz stadium announced that the Ed Sheeran concert date in Atlanta has been rescheduled for Friday, November 9 from the originally scheduled date of Saturday, November 10. The change has been made by the Stadium and Messina Touring Group to accommodate Atlanta United’s home playoff game slated for November 11 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. All tickets issued for the original date of November 10 will be honored for admission to the show on November 9.
The Ed Sheeran concert is scheduled to begin at 7:00 p.m. on Friday with all doors to Mercedes-Benz Stadium opening at 5:00 p.m.
Sheeran’s first-ever North American stadium tour supports his blockbuster GRAMMY award-winning, third album “÷” (pronounced “divide”), which was crowned the biggest album of 2017 by Nielsen Music, and has since been certified 4x Platinum in the U.S. alone. Earlier this week, Sheeran sold out back-to-back shows at MetLife Stadium in Rutherford, NJ, selling over 107,000 tickets over 2 nights. Sheeran’s most recent single “Perfect” – a staggering 9x-Platinum certified – is one of the biggest songs of the year, holding at No. 1 on the Hot AC radio chart for the eleven weeks, as well as topping the Top 40 radio chart for two weeks. “Perfect” also held the No. 1 spot on Billboard’s Hot 100 for six consecutive weeks. The song earned Sheeran his second chart-topper on the Hot 100, joining “Shape Of You” which was No. 1 for a remarkable 12 weeks, and made “÷” the only album of 2017 to have two of its singles top the Hot 100.
Ed Sheeran has established himself as one of the world’s biggest musical artists with over 40 million albums sold and more than 17 billion streams. Having released his history-making third studio album ‘÷’ (Divide) in March last year, Ed has continued to dominate charts across the globe and solidified his status as one of the world’s most talented, and loved, modern day troubadours. With over 15 million copies sold worldwide to date, ‘÷’ has spawned Ed’s global hit singles “Shape of You”, “Castle on the Hill”, “Galway Girl”, “Perfect” and “Happier”.
A songwriter of a generation, won an array of awards over his career to date including 4 Grammy Awards, 5 BRIT Awards, 4 Ivor Novello’s, 6 Billboard Music Awards and many more. Additionally, he was awarded a MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire) for his services to music and charity at the end of 2017, as well as being announced as the IFPI’s Best-Selling Global Recording Artist of the Year.
Heralded over his career for his exceptional live show, in July 2015, Sheeran became the first-ever artist to headline Wembley Stadium, solo, without a band – with just his loop pedal and guitar – over three, consecutive sold out nights. Move forward to June 2017, Ed closed Glastonbury Festival with a triumphant headline slot on the prestigious Pyramid Stage. Currently on the North American leg of his world stadium tour, Ed recently finished his UK stint which included four nights at London’s Wembley Stadium – Ed officially entered record books again with his Divide tour, after it became the biggest solo tour [without a band] in the UK, ever!
Why are you changing the date of the concert?
- The change has been made by the Stadium and Messina Touring Group to accommodate Atlanta United’s home playoff game on November 11. It will require stadium and tour staff 24 to 36 hours to remove all of the elements of the concert and prepare the building for the Atlanta United playoff match.
Is my ticket from the original date still valid?
- Your original ticket is the ticket you will use to get into the concert on November 9. No action is necessary, the ticket you have is the ticket that will work.
Will refunds be available if I’m unable to make the November 9 date?
- In order to receive your refund, click the refund link on your Ticketmaster order in My Account on your computer or mobile device (you won’t see the link in your app) or by calling Ticketmaster at 1-800-653-8000. However, exchanges and relocations are not available. For transferred tickets the refund goes to the fan who originally bought them, but you have to transfer the tickets back to them first! All refunds should post to your account in 7 – 10 business days.
Will you be reissuing tickets for the new date?
- Your original ticket will work for the November 9 date. No action is necessary.
Who can I contact for questions?
- Fans should contact Ticketmaster at 1-800-653-8000 or visit Ticketmaster.com.
Can I change my seat for the new date?
- Seat relocations are not available. The ticket you purchased for the original date translates directly to the November 9 concert date.
Is the show sold out?
- Currently Yes, the show is sold out. However, if fans request refunds on their tickets, their seats will be placed onto Ticketmaster.com for anyone else to purchase.
- Also, a limited number of suites are still available. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Does the new date change the support acts?
- The change of date will not alter the supporting acts. Snow Patrol and LUAV will both preform as scheduled.
If I purchased parking, will that be honored for the new date?
- For those that have bought parking in advance, you will receive an email that the date and time has changed and your parking purchase will be honored.